FlyingBlue is the frequent flyer of Air France and KLM, as well several other airlines. They publish Promo Awards every month. This promotion let you book award ticket on certain route served by Air France and/or KLM with discounted awards ranged 20% – 50%.
Early of this month, FlyingBlue published their latest Promo Award. This promotion valid for reservations made between 1st October 2017 and 30th October 2017, and travel between 1st December 2017 and 31st December 2017. With current Promo Awards, you can get award ticket with 50% off this awards:
- Ho Chi Minh to Europe vv in Air France Premium Economy (Travel between 1st December 2017 and 31st January 2017)
Also, you can get award ticket with 25% off the following awards:
- Hong Kong to Europe vv in Air France Premium Economy
- Beijing to Europe vv in Air France Premium Economy
- Guangzhou to Europe vv in Air France Premium Economy
- Shanghai to Europe vv in Air France Premium Economy
- Wuhan to Europe vv in Air France Premium Economy
- Wuhan to Europe vv in Air France Business Class (Travel between 1st December 2017 and 31st January 2017)
For the purpose of positioning, I think the easiest city to reach from Indonesia is Ho Chi Minh and Hong Kong. If you choose to start from Ho Chi Minh, you’ll be paying 40,000 miles one-way in premium economy.
If you choose to start from Hong Kong, you’ll be paying 60.000 miles one-way in premium economy. Also, you might to consider Wuhan as your starting point. Although not really reachable from Indonesia, Starting from Wuhan is also worth to consider. From Wuhan, you’ll paying 75,000 miles one way in business class.
Air France does impose carrier imposed surcharges:
- Ho Chi Minh to Europe about IDR 1,900.000.00
- Hong Kong to Europe about IDR 600,000.00
- Wuhan to Europe about IDR 2,600,000.00
Over eligible dates, award tickets availability is excellent. For example, on Ho Chi Minh to Europe Route:
Air France’s hard products on their Hong Kong and Ho Chi Minh Route is operated by B777, featuring their latest premium economy product:
On Wuhan Route, Air France operated their A330. Business class on this aircraft featuring angle flat seat:
With any of the awards, you can include connections to other destination in Europe from Paris at no additional miles. For example, you can fly from Ho Chi Minh to London via Paris in Air France Premium Economy with only 60,000 miles.
Flying Blue is a transfer partner of Citibank Indonesia Citi PremierMiles Card, meaning you can transfer points from this card to your FlyingBlue account. You can hold your award ticket prior to transferring points by calling the FlyingBlue call center.
While this promo awards might be will not working well for everyone, we should keep in mind about that they can be used for travel anywhere within Europe. If you have any plan to go Europe in the not really far future, you might consider this Promo Awards.
Author doesn’t affiliate and not earn anything from the brands mentioned on this post.